Compared to a cross-country move to a new home located hundreds or thousands of miles away, a local move is supposed to be a faster and cheaper relocation experience. That’s right – moving locally will be easier as long as you make the right decisions. Moving can often be a fun adventure but it can also be exhausting and frustrating. During this time it is easy to get lost in the madness and stress of the situation. The key to a good move is preparation. Proper preparation will ensure that your move goes off without a hitch. There are many things that you can do that will go a long way in streamlining your move. Here are a few tips for making your home move less stressful.
- First of all- Start the moving preparations early and approach the entire relocation with the same seriousness as if you were relocating across the country. The term “short distance” alone should not give you false hope that your move will be so much easier because it’s a local one. Like we already said, if you underestimate the whole moving situation, you could end up with a stronger headache than ever. Under ideal conditions, you will have no less than 2 full months to get everything ready for the move, but often 8 weeks will be a time frame you can’t afford. Be aware of the fact that the less time there is until the moving date, the faster time will seem to pass.
- The first important decision you should definitely make is to hire local movers. Hiring local movers is a great option to move locally – you’ll have experienced professionals do the hard work – protecting, lifting, and carrying heavy household items such as all the furniture pieces in your home, for example. Of course, it’s not always easy finding the right fit. If you want to choose great movers in Atlanta GA, choose us, you won’t regret it!
- When you chose packers and movers you want, it’s time to pick a date! Waiting too long, especially during the peak summer season, can cause big problems. You may not be able to get the dates you want with your preferred mover, and if this date is your deadline for the move, you may have to pay more to realize the move. So, it’s best if you try to plan your move six to eight weeks before your date.
- When you pick a date and schedule the move, it’s time for you to be creative– Time and space are at a premium in any move. A good way to make the most of these is to use clothes to pad your fragile objects. This will save on the number of boxes that you need because you are using the unused space to store clothes. To the same end, you can also pad the inner walls of the box with socks. Making moving easier and more efficient is mostly all about the little things, like using a permanent marker to label your boxes after packing them. For easier identification, label the boxes – destination room, contents, and handling instructions – on the side, not the top, so the movers can read it easier.
- Be an efficient packer– Unless you’ve opted for a full-service move from your short distance movers, you’re going to have to pack your things yourself. Even so, you may still request, and we advise you to do so, that your most fragile and valuable items (dishes, glasses, delicate electronic equipment, etc.), as well as your most heavyweight and bulky goods (furniture pieces, kitchen appliances, etc.), be packed by professional packers for guaranteed problem-free transportation to your new residence.
- Purge your home of useless items– this is also a way of being an efficient packer. If you’re planning on taking with you absolutely all of the items currently found in your home, then you’re surely killing your chances of finding an easier way to move. The reason for that is that the overall weight of your shipment is one of the main factors that determines the relocation price. And because the other factor that affects the final moving bill remains a constant (the distance to your destination), you are given a great opportunity to lower the costs and have a cheaper move to your new home by minimizing the number of items you’re about to move. Also getting rid of some useless stuff is always a good idea!
Of course, we can write all day tips and tricks about making your moving easier, but the best advice we can give you is to choose our moving service Atlanta GA movers, we can guarantee you won’t be disappointed! Atlanta GA movers are experts in the world of moving, packing, and logistics and processes. Our local home moving services include packing and final delivery to your new home. We have the systems, knowledge, professional, trained and experienced movers to make it possible. So, call us today!